4/22/08

THE BEGINNING

After about 1500km I think it is time to tell you something...
I had to wait a little for my invitation to Russia, so I left 2 weeks later then planed on the 14th April.
The weather was not too good when I drove through Germany and to Parague. In Prague I spent one day, it IS a beautyfull city, but for my taste, there were far too many tourists... I had a nice tour at night though.
So I headed on to Wrocław, this was the worst day untill now. I spent about 4 hours on the road with Ina and it was only raining once! But then I met wonderfull people in Wrocław. I took a shower and everything was fine again. I spent 2 great days in Wrocław - If you plan a city trip and don't know yet where to go, go to Wrocław. Make sure you visit Panorama Racławicka, a huge painting telling the story of the battle of Racławicka a big, important moment in Polands history, as well as the Aula in the University.

The Aula


Also I was told, that in summer there are many artists in the streets, so it must be a even greater atmosphere!
No I am in Warsaw - again with cool people, I have visited the Hard Rock Cafe (indeed).

Climbing the Gitar Wall


Tomorrow I will head on to Belarus. Finally the weather is better. I had a 400km ride yesterday along the perfect Polish roads and tempretures up to 13.5 degrees.
By the way: Palenie zabija! - but I am sure you all new that.
Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sebi
thank you very much for your first information and the beautiful pics.
Nice to hear that you are fine. Wish you al lot of beautiful and dry days on your further trip.
Kind regards, Rolf.

era said...

Seb, you are really a great person! We spend wonderful 2 days in Grodno and at the Bike-fest.
Best wishes, Ira